Flooring Sales and Estimating - Full Time - June 2018
Work with homeowners and contractors to select and install flooring products. We offer full time hours and benefits including health insurance as well as a great company atmosphere. We are Niagara’s largest flooring retailer and have been in business for 44 years!
The Flooring Consultant/Estimator will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with customers who come into retail store to show them flooring samples, offer design advice, describe different products, answer questions relative to products and installation.
- Document customer information and schedule measuring appointments as necessary.
- Visit job sites to measure rooms for flooring, determine other aspects of job such as installing subfloor, ripout of existing flooring, assess which transitions are needed, note if furniture and/or appliances need to be moved, etc.
- Prepare estimates based on job site visit, and email/communicate estimates to customer and answer questions as needed.
- Schedule installation, coordinate installers to perform installation, and document written instructions for installer(s).
- Follow up on customer concerns post installation and schedule follow-up visits as necessary.
- Customer Service experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook and the aptitude to learn new programs (RFMS) is essential.
- Ability to measure and draw up room layouts and perform mathematical calculations
- Valid driver's license and auto liability insurance
- High School Diploma
- Prior Construction/Design Experience is highly preferred
Job Type: Full time, on a schedule
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Customer Service: 1 year
Required license or certification: Driver’s License
We offer a $600.00 week training salary for 90 days and a $600.00 week draw against commission after the training period. Average earnings are $40,000.00 annual on this program but highly motivated individuals earn significantly more. An insured car is provided during business hours to travel to estimates and job sites. Health insurance is offered after the 90 day training period.
Scheduling and Installation Manager - June 2018
The Scheduling and Installation Manager is responsible for maintaining our installation schedule and coordinating all of our flooring subcontractors and in house installers. It also involves the detailed hands on communication with the subs and installers regarding any challenges on the job site real time and communicating with customers. This full time position oversees Retail Installations (homeowners), Commercial and New Home Builds. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Recruit and coordinate subcontractors
- Coordinate the daily load of installation assignments and job performance obligations
- Develop strong working relationships with installers and labourers and focus on retention efforts
- Respond to customer concerns and provide excellent customer service during and after installation as necessary
- Coordinates the performance, development and expectations of independent subcontractors (Flooring) and our in house installers and labourers.
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Sales Departments to ensure a successful project completion
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned
Scheduling and Installation Manager Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good computer skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn our Flooring Management Software (RFMS)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of carpet and flooring installations
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain team cohesion and subcontractor rapport
Scheduling and Installation Manager Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent working conditions in a growing business
How to Apply:
Please respond by email and send the following:
- An up-to-date resume and brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position
- Salary history and/or requirements
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by phone or email for the next step in our hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time