Flooring Sales and Estimating - Full Time
Work with homeowners and contractors to select and install flooring products. We offer full time hours and benefits including health insurance as well as a great company atmosphere. We are Niagara’s largest flooring retailer and have been in business for 44 years!
The Flooring Consultant/Estimator will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with customers who come into retail store to show them flooring samples, offer design advice, describe different products, answer questions relative to products and installation.
- Document customer information and schedule measuring appointments as necessary.
- Visit job sites to measure rooms for flooring, determine other aspects of job such as installing subfloor, ripout of existing flooring, assess which transitions are needed, note if furniture and/or appliances need to be moved, etc.
- Prepare estimates based on job site visit, and email/communicate estimates to customer and answer questions as needed.
- Schedule installation, coordinate installers to perform installation, and document written instructions for installer(s).
- Follow up on customer concerns post installation and schedule follow-up visits as necessary.
- Customer Service experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook and the aptitude to learn new programs (RFMS) is essential.
- Ability to measure and draw up room layouts and perform mathematical calculations
- Valid driver's license and auto liability insurance
- High School Diploma
- Prior Construction/Design Experience is highly preferred
Job Type: Full time, on a schedule
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Customer Service: 1 year
Required license or certification: Driver’s License
We offer a $600.00 week training salary for 90 days and a $600.00 week draw against commission after the training period. Average earnings are $40,000.00 annual on this program but highly motivated individuals earn significantly more. An insured car is provided during business hours to travel to estimates and job sites. Health insurance is offered after the 90 day training period.
Installers - Talented and Reliable Installers can apply within.
Labourers - Strong and Reliable construction labourers - able to work legally in Canada and licensed to drive can apply within.